8×11 FILM & SERVICES FOR YOUR MINOX CAMERAS
This page here has been set for your convenience and ease of use. You will find here 8×11 and 16mm film reloads of various types, 8×11 brass cassettes (the new Jimmy Li concept), 8×11 film cutters, 8×11 negative wallets, all brand new and built to the utmost precision. Obviously, we kept the 8×11 processing for both BW and color films, and also for the 16mm format.
Hope to see you there. Buy with confidence; it looks like 8×11 factory loaded film are becoming scarcer by day. Already most shops, including Minox Germany, are not stocking it anymore.
(click icon for details)
With regards to Minox and various other subminiature films, I can provide the following services:
- reload 8×11 cassette with film * (both B&W and color film)
- process 8×11 film (only B&W; for Color film – inquire first)
- scan 8×11 film ** (both B&W and color)
1. Products: you may purchase B&W and / or color film for your 8×11 camera. You may send in your cassette and I’ll reload it for you, or you may buy a roll of film, wrapped in black paper and inside a black can, so you can reload your own cassette. Every loose roll will be sent together with a leaflet, instructing you how to reload your 8×11 cassette with minimum of trouble. Online help is available 24/7.
2. Postage costs: For buyers living within the European Union, only € 4, postage not recorded. For recorded postage within the European Union, please inquire. For other countries, please do inquire on postage costs, just use the contact page.
3. Film & working condition: The film is always of fresh stock (in date), kept refrigerated.
Cutting 8×11 and 16mm film is done in a clean, dust-free environment, so your Minox camera and negatives will be safe from dust particles. After your cassette has been unloaded (post-processing), it is thoroughly rinsed with ionized water. and dried in a dust-free special container.
4. Film processing – the processing will be done based on your indication of film type and ASA. Therefore, please make sure you keep notes on the type of film and its sensitivity you shoot, because I’ll process base solely on your indications. I will not be responsible for any bad results or for ruining your film, if you fail to provide the correct information.
5. Scanning 8x 11 and 16mm film negatives
Your films will be scanned on a dedicated film scanner, up to a resolution of true 3700 dpi. Your negative will be returned to you intact. All scans will be put onto a CD, which is free of charge.
6. No hidden charges – handling fee, wrapping fee, various fees…none!
* – Please do note that I do not sell or otherwise provide any 8×11 cassettes. Therefore, I only reload fresh film in your cassettes.
** – Every film sent in for processing and scanning will be sent back to you together with a CD containing the scans, in RAW or JPEG format. The CD is free of charge.
Note: please do not send me cameras with jammed cassettes inside. I have been sent a couple and I had to return these back with a special courier. Not fun and not cheap. If your cassette is jammed inside the camera, let me know so we can work out a solution. Do not attempt to forcibly remove the cassette from the spool chamber, it may damage your camera and surely it will damage your cassette. This in turn can and will ruin your film inside the cassette.
- Process BW 8×11 (1 film x 36 exp) – € 10.00
- Process Color 8×11 (1 film x 36 exp) – € 14.00
- Process BW 16mm (1 film x up to 50 exp) – € 12.00
- Process Color 16mm (1 film x up to 50 exp) – € 16.00
- Scan BW 8×11 (1 film x 36 exp) – € 14.00
- Scan Color 8×11 (1 film x 36 exp) – € 16.00
- Scan BW 16mm (1 film x up to 50 exp) – € 14.00
- Scan Color 16mm (1 film x up to 50 exp) – € 16.00
FILMS AVAILABLE (nonetheless, please inquire prior to placing your order)
Regular & forgiving ASA 100 negative.
Agfa APX 400
High speed, medium contrast film making it especially suitable for action and press photography and also an excellent choice for general purpose photography.
Ilford PAN F+ (ASA 50)
PAN F PLUS at ISO 50 is the slowest of the ILFORD films, but when image quality, fine detail and lack of grain are more important than film speed, PAN F PLUS excels. Suitable for subjects ranging from architecture to still-life and portraiture to medical.
Kodak TMAX 100
Very high sharpness, finest grain 100 ASA.
Kodak TRI-X 400
High-speed panchromatic films that are a good choice for photographing dimly lighted subjects or fast action, for photographing subjects that require good depth of field and fast shutter speeds, and for extending the distance range for flash pictures.
Adox CMS 20 (ASA 20)
Extremely fine grained and high resolving image recording.
Adox CHS 50 (ASA 50)
This film has a wider latitude than the CHS 25 and thus does not ned to be exposed and developed with such precision. It is more flexible and you can expose on the shadows and develop to the highlights.
Panchromatically sensitized, black-and-white negative film designed for taking photographs. The film meets high requirements for low granularity, high resolving power and contour sharpness and a wide range of halftones. FOMAPAN 100 Classic has a nominal speed rating of ISO 100/21o, but due to its wide exposure latitude the film gives good results even when overexposed by 1 EV (exposure value) (as ISO 50/18o) or underexposed by 2 EV (as ISO 400/27o)
Ilford Delta 100
For sharpness and freedom from grain, ILFORD DELTA 100 PROFESSIONAL is simply the best in its class – offering the photographer exceptionally fine grain and a level of sharpness rarely seen, resulting in outstanding clarity of detail and the most precise image rendition.
Ilford HP5 Plus (400)
HP5 PLUS is a high speed, medium contrast film making it especially suitable for action and press photography and also an excellent choice for general purpose photography. Nominally rated at ISO 400, it yields negatives of outstanding sharpness and fine grain under all lighting conditions.
Ilford XP2 (ASA 400)
XP2 SUPER is a sharp, fast, fine grain black and white film. It can be used for any photographic subject, but ensures excellent results when there is a wide subject brightness range. The film yields high contrast negatives and has an extremely wide exposure latitude making it suitable for use in varied lighting conditions.
Rollei ATP 1.1 (ASA 25)
Low – sensitive B&W film with extremely fine grain and controllable contrast.
Fuji SHR 9.2mm (ASA 6-12)
A contrasty film, capable of high resolution. Rated at 6-12 ASA, it gives stunning results even at 25 ASA.
Kodak Ektar 100
Featuring ISO 100 speed, high saturation and ultra-vivid color, EKTAR 100 offers the finest, smoothest grain of any color negative film available today. Ideal for scanning, and offers extraordinary enlargement capability from a 35mm negative. A perfect choice for commercial photographers and advanced amateurs.
Fuji Superia 200
Designed for flexibility and ease of use, SUPERIA 200 works equally well outdoors in daylight or indoors with flash. Enhanced color reproduction, sharpness, and smooth, fine grain.
Agfa Photo Vista 400
Suitable for all light conditions. It captures fast movements safely on film. Even when conditions are not ideal – you always get the best possible results. For sport and leisure activities; sunshine and clouds; with and without flash; for freezing movement.
- > 5 BW rolls – 10%
- > 10 BW rolls – 20%
- > 5 color rolls – 15 %
- >10 color rolls – 25 %
Please contact me if you have any questions regarding film or not decided what will work with a special occasion. Thank you!